I’ve nailed down the bigger races that I’ll be racing in the Spring. With Cairo running, it’s a different challenge now, since the price of racing is doubled.
I’ve decided that I want to run 2 full marathons in the Spring like I did last year.
I’ll be running the usual DRC monthly races as we can. I love getting to see all of my friends at those races. Also, since Cairo is a member, the race experience is free!
- February 18th – Stonebridge Ranch Half Marathon. I had to sign Cairo & I up for this race since it was 40% through a Schwaggle. I could pass a Half Marathon for $30 especially when paying for 2 races.
- March 3rd – Road trip to The Woodlands Marathon. I’ll be running the full. I wanted to do another marathon that wasn’t too far off in the future so I can try to hit that Sub 4 hour mark sooner than later. I’ve heard too many horror stories about the Big D Marathon and wasn’t crazy about running a similar route as White Rock. This race looks very doable. It’s a 13.1 mile loop. The family and I are looking forward to a road trip marathon.
- March 25th – Dallas Rock n Roll Half Marathon. This is such a fun Half Marathon. So far, it’s been my favorite. I love the bands, but most of all… I love the start. I like how they hold the corrals to truly start in waves. You get the same exciting anticipation as the front runners.
- May 6th – Pacing for the Heels & Hills Half Marathon. This is such a rewarding opportunity. I love getting to see people achieving their goals.
- May 20th – Going back home to the Cleveland Marathon. I’m super excited for this race. I’ve completed 6 marathons and this is the home of my PR race where I ran it in 2010. I’m looking forward to seeing my family there and enjoying the Cleveland Experience!
Nothing too crazy on the list. Looking forward to everyone of these races for so many different reasons.