Debbie, Michael, Kayla came in on Thanksgiving day! We did everything with them except for seeing the largest ball of twine. I'm sure the largest ball of twine would be in Texas as everything is bigger in Texas. :)
Here's some of the fun stuff that we did while Debbie and company were here...
- Played racquetball at the newly opened Frisco Athletic Center. By the way, we signed up with a Family Membership. I'm really excited about getting in shape and playing more racquetball.
- Swam at the Allen Natatorium - Indoor Swimming is awesome when it's 40 degrees out. This is probably the best kept secret in North Dallas as it's such an awesome value. $5 for adults and $4 for children.
- Ate pizza and played games at Gatti-Town. Gave Debbie and the kiddos a taste of Texas by eating at Dickey's BBQ and Trail Dust.
- Ursula took Debbie to IKEA. Thanks - Urs. I like the place, but I overload pretty quick with the huge variety of household choices. They spent a couple of hours there. Definitely over my threshold. Debbie loved the place. She said that if there was one in her area that her whole house would be IKEA.
Favorite quotes from their visit:
- Trust Me - Michael enjoyed telling us his life view on alot of different topics. When he really wanted to get his point across he would end the explanation with "Trust Me!" For example, he would tell Briana, I'm faster than you and can beat you in a race... Trust Me!
- Ya'll - This was Debbie's favorite of what us Texans say. By the end of their visit, we had both kids saying "Ya'll" like they were naturalized Texans.
I really enjoyed Thanksgiving with family and friends! I hope you enjoyed yours as well! I thank God for such a wonderful family!