Denise, my crazy "running" sister pointed out that I should have posted the list of "What Wives Need from Husbdands" back in my original post. So, to comply with my sister's request... here's what Pastor Jesse had to say on that topic:
First what God has to say...
Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."
What Wives Need From Husbands
A. Non-Sexual Affection
1. Husbands must learn to give their wives affection without Sexual motives.
2. When a husband shows his wife this kind of affection it sends the following messages:
- I'll take care of you and protect you.
- You are important to me and I don't want anything to happen to you.
- I'm concerned about the problems you face, and I am with you.
3. Non-sexual affection between husbands and wives will also help children to feel safe and secure.
B. Security - It's More Than Finances
1. He must communicate that he cares for his wife above anyone or anything except God.
2. A husband must communicate his admiration and love for his wife.
3. A husband must communicate his faithfulness.
4. A husband must communicate his dedication to provide financially.
C. Open Communication
1. Every husband needs to accept the fact that communications is a bona fide need of his wife, not merely a want.
2. Every husband must understand that lack of communication breeds insecurity and frustration.
3. It takes time to communicate. A goal is 10 to 15 hours a week for husbands and wives to talk with each other.
D. Leadership - Commintment to Family
1. Husbands are to be the Spiritual Leader.
2. Husbands should be involved in every area of the family.
Wow! I needed that... I'm glad I typed these up. I now have 10 to 15 hours of communication to catch up with Ursula. Just kiddin'... just 9 to 14 hours.
Keep doing all that you can do to keep loving that precious gift from God - your wife!